Everything you need for a simple life reboot.
De-stress and start the new decade as you mean to go on.
Soothe your mind, body & soul with this unique evidence-based combination of yoga, mindfulness & brain science.
Help shift your stress or anxiety, boost your resilience and create calm by:
- exploring how aligned your life is with your key strengths & values
- creating the habit of a short & simple daily meditation, breath and/or movement practice
- setting yourself up for the week ahead with a relaxing Sunday evening yoga class
Join me every Sunday for 8 weeks for a 75 min early evening yoga class; find out more about the yoga postures, mindfulness and meditation techniques that directly relieve stress; receive daily activities to fit into your schedule and unwind and totally chill out at a half-day ‘mini’ retreat.
Weekly yoga classes start Sunday | 12th January
Finish Sunday | 1st March
Time: 18:00 – 19:15
Half-day ‘Mini’ Retreat
Sunday | 8th March | 12:30 – 16:15
Where: The Yoga Shed, Wickham – Yoga, Pilates, Fitness & Wellness Space
Course fee includes:
- 8 x weekly 75 minute calming and restorative yoga classes
- 1/2 day ‘mini’ retreat
- VIA Character Strengths personalised profile report
- Simple tools and techniques delivered daily to your ‘InBox’
The science in a nutshell
Yoga has a broad range of physical and mental benefits and research has shown that just a single yoga session can lower levels of cortisol, a stress hormone. Recent research in brain science also shows how regular practice can change your brain to help you manage your emotional response when faced with stressful situations.
Additionally, research has revealed that people who use their strengths a lot are 18x more likely to be flourishing than those who do not use their strengths.
No prior experience of yoga necessary. Maximum 12 people. £175.00 for the course.
Early bird fee is £150.00 if booked by Midnight Friday 29th November.
Email Kate Dickens firstname.lastname@example.org to book or for further information.
Recommendations for this course:
“This is the course for some time to yourself, time to reflect, take care and relieve any stress. Highly recommended for the fast pace lifestyles we lead.”
“I looked forward to each session. I learnt a lot about techniques and now have a tool box I can use. A good balance between science and spiritual. I will miss my daily emails – I imagine them in golden colours when they come into my inbox, a little ray of sunshine. Thank you.”
“How small actions can stack up and make a difference to how you manage stressful situations – it’s given me a whole toolbox to work with!”
1. An introduction to Yoga. A Harvard Medical School Special Health Report. Available from http://www.health.harvard.edu/
2. What are Character Strengths? VIA Institute on Character website. https://www.viacharacter.org/
Photo by Urban Prah on Unsplash and adapted by Latitude Coaching & Consultancy.